I love sushi! It’s by far my favorite food! Today I am going to saw you an easy recipe on how to make homemade sushi. You don’t need any special equipment. Follow my instructions below and enjoy fresh and delicious homemade sushi at no time.
Homemade Salmon Avocado Sushi
- 200 gr rice for risotto
- 450 ml water
- 40 gr mirin
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
For the Sushi
- 1 salmon filet
- 1 avocado
- 1 seaweed, nori
- soy sauce
- wasabi paste
- 1) Place a pot full of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and place a strainer in it. Add the rice and wash well for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the water, rice vinegar, mirin, and sugar. Mix with a spoon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place over the pot of boiling water (bain-marie)
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie. Take the plastic wrap off. Mix with a spoon and set aside until it is completely cool.
For the Salmon Avocado Sushi
- Lay a sheet of nori seaweed on the sushi mat. Use your hands to cover the whole surface of the nori with a layer of rice, leaving 1 cm border on each side so that it can be rolled.
- Cut the salmon piece into 0.5 cm strips. Add over the rice.
- Remove avocado’s skin and cut it into 0.5 cm strips. Add the avocado strips over the salmon.
- Roll your sushi with the help of the sushi mat.
- Add some soy sauce to the edge of the nori so that it can stick together. Cut off the edges, and then cut the sushi into 6 even-sized pieces
- 1) Serve with soy sauce, wasabi paste, and ginger
Shop the Post