Cucumbers have been feeding people for at least 3,000 years.It is said that the first cucumber greenhouses were set up in Ancient Rome and that is why Emperor Tiberius wanted to enjoy them every day.
Do you know that 95% of cucumber composition is water, and its peel works as an eraser for markers stains on the walls? These are just a few of what you might don’t know about this common, but precious vegetable called cucumber and claims a position in your nutrition for the following reasons:
1. Activates skin collagen: Which means that helps to fight swelling, cellulite, and wrinkles.
2. It is filled with vitamins: It contains multiple B vitamins, folic acid, calcium, iron, vitamin C, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc, etc.
3. Silicon and sulfur also found in cucumber improve the quality of our hair.
4. It is a natural ally against oral smudge: If you do not have chewing gum, take a little cucumber and put it on your palate for a few seconds.
5. It reduces cholesterol and thus regulates blood pressure.
6. Its high water content is the No1 reason that cucumber keeps constipation away.
7. It is a basic natural diuretic, which means it helps your body to eliminate toxins.
8. Eating it with the peel, you get a good dose of vitamin C.
9. Cucumber is even more necessary as its lignin content reduces the likelihood of breast, ovarian or uterine cancer.
10. It has an extraordinary effect on insulin production, since in the cucumber juice; there is a hormone that enhances its production in the pancreas.